Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Inteligent-Insmeligent

It seems that today is Tuesday, September 27, 2005... Well what do ya know, if you have the ocassion to drop me a comment, call me names, or whatever, please do. I'd like to write on topics of interest to my loyal readers, but I'm not sure if I have loyal readers, or even ocassional readers.
Here is my book report for Today, I read an article on the Intelligent Design court battle and I thought that this was a good topic for Truck Drivers. Then I felt bad, like I was insulting truck drivers. But I did it anyway, I translated part of the article into a language that truckers could understand... Why you may inquire, would I do this? Well, 'cuz truckers is people too.

Original Article: 'Intelligent Design' Court Battle Begins
By MARTHA RAFFAELE The Associated PressTuesday, September 27, 2005; 4:00 AM
Original Link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/27/AR2005092700246.html
Bastardized into Trucker Lingo (with many liberties) by Chris Evatt 11:30 AM

10-20:HARRISBURG, Pa. -- It was a skill-kill on the first day of a major ordeal about Mr. Supreme vs Darwin and who gets to speak their piece at the local fish colony.
Plant-man Kenneth Miller, the first cowboy Hollered at Monday by the mouthpieces in a knuckle buster with the Dover Area School District, jaw-jacked about DNA, red blood cells and viruses, and he occasionally put an eyeball on some complex charts on the drive-in lookin' screen.
Even Woppner, John E. Jones III was bowled over."I guess I should say, 'Class dismissed,'" Jones modulated before buggin-out to the eat-em-up.
Dover's fish colony is the homeland's original 10-8 when it comes to exposing kiddies to intelligent design. Its red-tape makes the boss-men read a brief statement before classes on evolution that says Charles Darwin's theory is "not a fact" and has inexplicable "gaps." It refers the pencil-biters to an intelligent-design textbook for some 10-34

... (This is too difficult to continue, since I don't know jack about driving a truck and/or drivers of trucks)
"Intelligent design holds that Darwin's theory of natural selection cannot fully explain the origin of life or the emergence of highly complex life forms. It implies that life on Earth was the product of an unidentified intelligent force.
Eight families sued, saying that the district policy in effect promotes the Bible's view of creation, violating the constitutional separation of church and state."(Raffaele, 2005)

(I'm back)It's a theory, right? Darwin has his theory, Mr. x has his theory on intelligent design, who's right? Who the heck knows, but if you are going to demand open minds you soap-eatin'-pig-lookin'-butt-sniffin' liberals, you are going to have to allow this liberal philosophy to go both ways. You have choices, home school your kids if you are too closed to open-theory and thought that you need to censor this topic. Oh yea, and I'm not a conservative by any means. I just threw in the pig-lookin'-butt-sniffin' thing for fun.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Boy, FCD said...

Part of the problem is that the intelligent design proponents equivocate the fact of evolution (descent with modification) with the theory of evolution (natural selection). They would put into question the latter (which is reasonable to a certain extent) but then claim that they have refuted the former.

Add to that the fact that some ID proponents do not even question that evolution happens (the fact), they only question how it happened (the theory).

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home