Sunday, May 21, 2006

the Pain and Itch associated with Burning Skin


Good Gosh almighty.
I have been a very bad blogger.
We went to Orlando, Florida and I got burnt to a crisp. It was terrible. Itchy Burning, I wonder if I put some Preperation-H on my burn, if the burning and itching would stop.
Anyway, 2 classes this semester, combined with the vacation, Jury Duty and impending doom that is TN travel, is making me a badblogger.
Here is how I cured my sunburn in 3 days (after the pain and itch started)...
Day 1 : More than Mild Pain & Severe Itching starts ... Spray on anti-itch stuff, drown skin in aloe & chamomile lotion. doesn't work very well. Take warm shower-> Pain is more severe and itch becomes unbearable. Try Gold Bond lotion ... AHHHHHH the burn, I now feel the pain in my teeth. Take Motrin and think about Tylenol, but remember the Vicodin I have in the cabinet. Take one, pain subsides as Vicodin kicks in and as a special bonus, puts me to sleep.
Day 2, I awaken - dread the shower, but I have Jury Duty, so I figure I shouldn't go dirty. Not a horrible experience, I mostly air dry and avoid touching the crispy parts. I live. I go to the court, I take Motrin (800mg) and Tylenol, itching stays under control as long as I am ableto ignore it. No major setbacks. Get home make the mistake of changing my clothes and scratching my itch a little, SEVERE PAIN AND ITCH return! Take more Motrin & Vicodin and use a ton more of lotion and anti-itch spray, no relief. Take another Vicodin way too soon, fall asleep so I can't notice the pain and itch. After the nap, I run around topless for the rest of the day. Mostly no more itching keep the Motrin coming.
Day 3: Skin starts to peel off by the time I get home from work, I'm like a flaky mess. I have succeeeded, skin is so dry it can't itch no more. Motrin helps.
Lesson to be learned: Don't burn in the sun. Motrin is a good pain and itch reliever when combined with vicodin and lotion and anti-itch spray.
Lesson #2: I'm not a Doctor, don't try this remedy at home without consulting a Dr.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid and iui success stories | best place to buy clomid online - clomid generic, early ovulation on clomid

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

late period after taking clomid | http://cheapclomidonline.jimdo.com/#75548 - has anyone bought clomid online, cramping after ovulation on clomid

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid pregnancy symptoms early | [url=http://buycheapclomid.webs.com/#73225]buy clomid no rx[/url] - clomid buy uk, mueq clomid discharge

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid resistance | buy clomid 50mg tablets - buy clomid online usa, does clomid contain hcg

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how to make clomid more effective | http://buy-clomid-in-usa.webs.com/#57525 - clomid buy online, clomid when will i ovulate

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ovulation after clomid | [url=http://buycheapclomid.jimdo.com/#64048]buy clomid 100mg online[/url] - clomid medicine, dryl when should clomid be taken

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not getting pregnant on clomid | http://buyclomidonline.webs.com/#57467 - buy clomid online uk no prescription, clomid success rate 2011

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid treatment | did clomid work for you - clomid cost, clomid 100mg days 3 7

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid drug classification | [url=http://orderclomid.jimdo.com/#14492]clomid male fertility[/url] - where to buy clomid online no prescription, fsps clomid or nolva for pct

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michigan fans Nike Air Max 90 in Ann Arbor are in for a treat at the expense Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes of a fancy restaurant chain. Yesterday, fine-dining steak chain Ruth’s Chris nfl jerseys store posted a promotion on Facebook stating that for the NFL Jerseys rest of the season, fans in Ann Arbor will get a percentage discount off their bill equal Nike Roshe Run to the Michigan margin of cheap nfl jerseys victory (up wholesale nfl jerseys to 50 percent) of the prior game. It’s an innocent promotion to drive some traffic to a dining establishment that prices out a fair amount of Nike Free Run people.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home