Thursday, February 09, 2006

Review of INXS Switch Concert in Detroit


I'll give it a B+.
Here's why...
Started off good, but not great. Lacked energy that appeared later in the show. JD Fortune is a good addition to the band. Didn't try to take over too many of the original songs, but did make a couple of them his own. The segway from old stuff to new stuff was ok, but they didn't play Sydney's favorite song "Hot Girls" which I wanted to hear live. They finished off the set with a few crowd favorites and "Pretty Vegas" which was awsome. It was an excellent way to close the show and leave the crowd begging for more. Which they did. INXS came back out for a 3 song encore and started with a song that I didn't recognize, leading me to regret staying for more, until the next song, which was back to high energy rock (or some reason I can't recall what it was). They finished the night with a smokin' rendition of a "Never Tear Us Apart"
All in all, JD is a fantastic Karokee singer and an even better lead singer. I predict that a larger venue summer tour will be hitting the major cities soon and you should go see the band if you get a chance (after the World part of the World tour) .
My background: I've never owned an INXS CD, my wife wanted to go to the concert to see JD (she says thats not true, but I know better) and I went along, because I know most of the hits and we've been listening to the CD since I bought it for her for Christmas. I don't dance and only watched 60% of the INXS tv show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to keep the blog going. Joe VanNoBlog hasn't posted in forever!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home