Tuesday, September 06, 2005

2 Main topics today - GERN is back in the News and I hate Press a Wench

Geron Says Published Animal Studies Show Its Cancer Drug Inhibits Tumor Growth
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) -- Biopharmaceutical company Geron Corp. said Tuesday that two recently published animal studies showed that its cancer drug candidate inhibited tumor growth.
One study found that the company's GRN163L interfered with the activity of telomerase, an enzyme that allows cells to reproduce, in liver cancer cells in mice. The company also said that a lipid-containing version of the compound worked better than one without lipids.
The other study involved human lung cancer cells that were injected into mice and grown in cell cultures. In both mediums, the studies indicated that tumor cells treated with GRN163L showed reduced growth.
The company gained clearance from the Food and Drug Administration in May to begin early- to mid-stage human clinical trials for GRN163L to treat leukemia.

More on Press-A-Wench to follow, but for now, let's say this...

I don't like to be on public display

I don't like to take off my clothes in public

I can't lift heavy women in the air, without hurting my back

2 Comments:

Blogger The Hippos Ass said...

I thought that was you at the RENFEST. I saw you aways away, or someone that looked like you. I yelled but you/he never turned so I thought it was some weird clone.

Anyway, I don't like being on public display either. Which means now that I am on the Manolete DVD that is coming out everyone in the world will now see me in a dress and wig get a feather snatched from my mouth by a blindfolded man using his balls....

3:53 PM  
Blogger Editor said...

Wow that´s a great blog that you have there, mine is slightly differnent but it basically covers the same topics.

I have a lung cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Check it out, you won´t regret it... Cheers.. Roger From Http://www.havecancer.com

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home